Mac OSX Snow Leopard is available for preorder on Amazon
Yeap, ladies and gentlemen, it’s here, one click away for preorder on Amazon. Apple is pulling all the strings to make Microsoft’s Windows 7 launch a failure. And you can’t blame them as Windows 7 got a lot of good press this year, being one of the most anticipated Windows OS of all times.
At the oposite corner lies Mac OSX 10.6 (aka Snow Leopard), announced at WWDC at the beginning of this summer and that was it, not too much buzz except the fact that won’t cost Mac users too much (29$ to pe precise).
Price alone and the fanaticism of Mac users will make Snow Leopard a success, I’m sure of that. But price is not the only thing to look up in Snow Leopard, so let’s see what it brings to the table:
- A more responsive finder search
- New looks and features for Expose and Stacks
- Faster backups through Time Machine
- Faster boot, wake up, shut down times
- Quicker wireless network join time
- Faster installation time for Snow Leopard
- Less space occupied on disk
- A new generation of Quick Time software
- More reliable disk eject (so they admit it at last)
- More efficient file sharing in your home network
I think those features make Snow Leopard an upgrade good to have, but not so much a must have, but I’m no Apple fan-boy, so I wouldn’t know. How about you?